The Morning Struggle - How I Awaken my Skin & Senses in the Morning 😴➡️💁🏼

Oh the wonderful morning - the tiredness, the messy hair, the getting ready for work but most of all the struggle to get out of bed at all. I'm certainly not what you would call 'A morning person' I'm that kind of girl who stays up watching reruns till 1am and then complains in the morning about my lack of sleep! So as you can imagine the morning isn't something I can cope with and even my daily cup of coffee just about perks me up so I decided to make a change to my morning routine by altering the little things that I do every morning to help fight fatigued skin and dulled mood. I could've gone a little crazy and gone for new concealer, foundation or even fragrance but I thought I'd strip it back to basics and stick with simplicity!

Clarins Daily Energiser Cleansing Gel - RRP £13.50, 75ml
Normally I would just either use a foamy face wash, cleansing water or even make up wipes but I've now introduced the use of Clarins Daily Energiser Cleansing Gel , a 20+ specific lightly foaming gel that gently lifts impurities and removes all traces of make up and pollution whilst brightening the complexion. This really is a simple little life saver, the texture is so light and comforting on the skin and the scent is wonderfully refreshing! This gel contains one of my most favourite ingredients, the wonder that is Moringa! Moringa is derived from a tree most commonly found in south asia and is often described as 'The Miracle Tree' I can certainly see why with all the antioxidant, nutritional and anti-inflammatory benefits! After every use my complexion is radiant and clear and my skin has a squeaky clean but comfortable feel! The thing I particularly love about this product is like all Clarins products it contains an anti-pollution complex and for me living and working in the city this is a great bonus, I just love knowing it's fighting against pollution causing me blemishes, tired skin and even ageing.

Magnitone Barefaced Vibra-Sonic Daily Face Brush - RRP £70
Now it's partner in crime the Magnitone Barefaced Vibra Sonic Daily Face Brush  a simply amazing cleansing tool that exfoliates whilst boosting micro circulation to reveal glowing, energised skin. Magnitone is a up and coming brand from London that I came across whilst on the hunt for a cleansing brush for Christmas (for myself, obviously) that drew me in with exclusive offers, beautiful packaging and amazing reviews. Magnitone uses double award winning "Vibra-Sonic " technology which is a combination of sonic oscilations and electromagnetic pulsed vibrations, these combined help tighten and tone the skin, deeply cleanse the pores, eliminate excess oil and reduce impurities all whilst removing make-up and cleansing the skin! Before I invested I was convinced I was going to struggle to fit this into my morning routine and would just end up using it every now and then but with the Magnitone you only need one minute to be gleam and clean! There's even a one minute timer that will turn off the brush after 60 seconds of use and every 20 seconds the brush beeps to remind you to move onto the next area.

It's amazingly simple to use, all I do is wet my skin and the brush head, apply my Clarins cleansing gel directly to the brush and you're ready to go! One push of the on button gives you the "Daily Cleansing Mode" suitable for everyday use and two pushes gives you the "Pulselift   Toning Mode" a once/twice a week workout treat for your skin! When using the Magnitone don't be tempted to push the brush head onto your skin or apply any pressure, trust me the Vibra-Sonic technology is doing all the work for you! Just lightly move the brush around the skin, focusing on the three main 20 second areas - t-zone, cheeks and neck. It's also 100% waterproof, comes with a 12 month free warranty and a splashproof travel pouch!

I absolutely love my Barefaced cleansing brush, it's so effective in giving me a deep pore cleanse, minimising my blemishes but most of all brightening and tightening my skin! Any product I apply after using this is instantly absorbed and my make-up has always applied much easier and lasted longer since I've used my Magnitone! The great thing about this product is it's suitable for anyone and everyone, all skin types and all ages! So what's stopping you from getting your glow?

Lush Cup O' Coffee Exfoliating Mask - £6.75 for 150g
I remember when this product launched as a Oxford Street exclusive and how distraught I was when I couldn't get my hands on it! Now this little weekly treat is available in all Lush stores and online and of course I grabbed it as soon as I could and I wouldn't ever look back! This creative mixture of Coffee Infusion, Vetiver Oil, Roasted Cocoa Extract and Fairtrade Vanilla Absolute makes up a wonderful wake up call for both your skin and senses in one pot! I use mine once a week as a skin boosting treat and always in the morning to kick-start my day and what a punch it packs to the senses! It's strong but subtly sweet, for me it's a delicious scent there's nothing I love better to smell in the morning than coffee! Again it's a simple product to use, apply a layer of product onto the skin avoiding eyes and mouth, leave for 10-15 minutes and then with wet hands I massage the grains into my skin focussing on problem areas and then rinse off! Now the results left me amazed! Instantly my skin was glowing, the obvious pink/red tone to my skin (from blemishes & scarring) was visibly reduced, pores were deeply cleansed and tightened and my skin was super duper soft! I honestly was massively impressed with the results that I even went make-up free that day and had to stop myself from stroking my super soft skin!

Lush Brightside Bubble Bar - RRP £4.95 per bar 
I've always been a lover of the Lush bubble bars, especially the likes of the classic The Comforter! This struck my attention on my latest regular visit to my local Lush store just because of the bright beautiful yellow and orange swirls, then the Tangerine and Bergamot oils took over me and I just had to get it! It's quite rare that I get to enjoy a nice hot bath before work so I tend to use the Brightside bubble bar on my days off as a perk me up treat or even if I've had a particularly stressful day I'll use this in my evening bath to uplift my senses and my mood! Brightside creates a bright orange, very bubbly bath that just smells wonderful and leaves your skin feeling soft and smelling citrus sweet!

Lush Sunrise Soap - RRP £4.25 per 100g 
On my trip to grab the Brightside Bubble Bar I came across this lovely bright orange and yellow bar of soap! I believe it was a Mother's Day special edition featuring alongside the lovely Yummy Mummy shower cream, so that does mean unless your quick or very lucky you might not be able to get your hands on this beauty! Every morning I say hello sunshine to this gorgeous bar of goodness, filled with tangerine and mandarin oil and a murumuru core. The lather is bright orange and subtly sparkly, it left my skin looking brighter, feeling smoother and smelling sweet all day.

How do you overcome the morning struggle?
Let me know in the comments below!

💕 Lucy 


4 comments

  1. I have a Magnitone at home but I don't use it nearly enough, need to get on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was like that at the start, it is hard to get used to it in your routine but once you've got into the habit the results are amazing! 💕

      Delete
  2. I've wanted to purchase a cleansing brush for quite a while and this post has definitely convinced m! Great post lovely X
    ourownwonderlandblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely invest, makes such a difference to your skin and cleansing routine! You won't regret it! Thank you so much 💕

      Delete