The Setting Test: Urban Decay All Nighter vs Makeup Revolution Pro Fix Oil Control

Ever wondered whether setting sprays are worth it? I know I did before I invested but I can definitely say I now couldn't be without one. However with so many now on the shelves it's a question of where to even start! Do you splurge on a premium brand or opt for a bargain drugstore brand? This is the exact question I asked myself so naturally I bought two different setting sprays to find out if the price or even the brand makes any difference. Having heard amazing reviews from friends I chose the Urban Decay All Nighter make up setting spray which set me back a painful £22 and the other from up and coming brand Makeup Revolution with their Pro Fix Oil Control makeup fixing spray at only £5. 

Honestly out of the two I had to try urban decay first, there was something irresistible about it that I just couldn't control so I trialled the All Nighter for a few days whilst I had the all day shifts at work. On appearance the UD All Nighter is visually appealing with its smooth, sleek bottle and gives lots of information and tips on the bottle itself. The application is recommended as follows "hold the bottle 8-10 inches away and mist 2-4 times in an X and T formation" and mist it most certainly does, leaving a fine layer on the skin which dries quickly. I was hopeful for the day ahead with the bottle boasting "temperature control technology", "oil free formula", "16 hour hold" and "keeps you looking gorgeously just-applied; no melting, cracking or fading" 
Now normally I have to reapply powder around 3 times a day (having mega oily skin) but I found during my work shifts using UD I've only had to touch up once or twice to maintain my just-applied look due to slight melting around the nose and chin and creasing of my eyeshadow. However my foundation remained smooth without cracks or fading in all other areas and felt comfortable all day long. 

Next came the two day trial of the Makeup Revolution Pro Fix Oil Control, again I used during all day shifts. Visually the MUR Pro Fix is simple and to the point with its bottle design and again gives information and tips on the bottle. Directions are pretty similar bar UD's unique "X" and "T" formation. 
This spray lists benefits such as "helps deflect surface shine", "keeps foundation and eye makeup in place" and a up to 12 hour hold. On first application the smell is certainly stronger than UD but after about 10-15 seconds when the product has dried it doesn't hang around! The mist isn't as fine as UD and feels slightly wetter on the skin but dries beautifully without effecting makeup appearance. The overall all day result? Amazing! Perfectly matte, shine free, no creasing or melting and makeup that lasted from 8am until 7pm with only one touch up in the day! For me that's certainly what I call a miracle and I now swear by this product everyday whether it's on top of foundation, powder or BB cream it just works wonders!

Definitely in my opinion (with having oily/combination but dehydrated skin) I would certainly opt for the Makeup Revoltion Pro Fix Oil Control makeup fixing spray over premium beauty brand Urban Decay's All Nighter setting spray and I would recommend highly to anyone who needs to blot or touch up their t-zone during the day or just wants to maintain a matte long lasting
finish! Not forgetting to mention the £17 saving this switch gives you!

You can find Makeup Revoltion Pro Fix Oil Control Makeup fixing spray online at www.makeuprevolutionstore.com, www.superdrug.com or if you're lucky in your nearest superdrug store for £5 (100ml) and Urban Decay All Nighter makeup setting spray online at www.urbandecay.co.uk or in your nearest Debenhams store for £22 (118ml)

Have you tried either setting spray? Let me know what you think in the comments below!
💕 Lucy

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments