Spring Fragrance Favourites 🌷🌱🍬🎀

There's nothing I love more than indulging in a new perfume! Now Spring is here (finally!) I love using more floral, sweet based fragrances so I can say goodbye to my spicy, warm Winter scents and hello to Modern Muse Le Rouge, Olympea and Gucci Bamboo. Having worked in the beauty industry and on a cosmetics department I think I've smelt every fragrance new and old but these three are definitely some of my favourites!



Modern Muse Le Rouge from Estée Lauder is an innovative twist on their bestseller Modern Muse eau de parfum that I treated myself to at Christmas in anticipation for the spring, I didn't even indulge in the first spray until a few weeks ago I don't know how I lasted so long without it! The gift set I treated myself to contained a 50ml eau de parfum of Modern Muse Le Rouge, a 100ml shimmer body lotion and a gorgeous mini purse size spray of Le Rouge. This fruity yet floral fragrance is bursting with notes of Bulgarian Rose, Raspberry, Patchouli and Pink Pepper and is described by Estée Lauder as "extroverted, glamorous and sophisticated". On first spray it's an instant oriental floral hit of the rose and the slight spice of pink pepper with the raspberry completing the sultry scent. It's truly an addictive fragrance that lingered on my skin for hours and always got me noticed! Its perfect for wearing both during the day and night, layering the fragrance on top of the shimmer body lotion is amazing for the night giving a subtle sparkle and a longer lasting scent. It's certainly different to any other fragrance I've purchased before but each spray leaves me wanting more so it's definitely a classic for me.


 Gucci Bamboo is another fragrance new on the scene, I didn't quite know what to expect from the scent when I had first heard the name of the perfume but it's a unique soft but intense array of notes. These include Italian Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, Sandalwood, Tahitian Vanilla and Grey Amber; on first spray Bamboo uplifts with ylang ylang but becomes more intense with the vanilla and Amber bouncing off each other. It's an oriental floral through and through that screams unique to stand out above the rest. Bamboo is wonderfully long wearing, very feminine and exudes confidence. Personally I'd only wear this in the day, it doesn't have the sexy twist for night that I always look for!

Now I believe I've left the best till last, Olympea by Paco Rabanne. I remember last year when this was launched and how excited I was at work when we received the tester, I instantly fell in love with this fragrance! It's a stunning oriental but sexy fragrance with notes such as ginger lily, mandarin, hydroporic jasmine, salty vanilla and cashmere wood. It's simply gorgeous, it's almost delicious with the mixture of the mandarin and salty vanilla and I can definitely say I agree with Paco Rabanne when they describe their use of salty vanilla as bringing "carnal and addictive magnetism" to the fragrance! It's certainly a confident, empowering perfume that really does reel people in; I'm forever getting compliments when I'm wearing Olympea and its quickly becoming recognised as my signature fragrance! This is always going to be a classic Spring/summer fragrance that I come back to year after year!


You can find all three fragrances in your local department store, boots or superdrug! Estee Lauder's Modern Muse Le Rouge EDP ranges from £45-£90, Gucci Bamboo EDP ranges from £49-£80 and Paco Rabanne's Olympea EDP ranges from £40-£70.

What's your go-to Spring fragrance?
💕 Lucy

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments

  1. Olympea is one of my fave perfumes, I've used nearly half the bottle so I'm trying not to use it too often so I can save it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm exactly the same, I cherish every spray I use I'm determined to also make mine last a lifetime! It's fast becoming a classic for me!

      Delete
  2. I love perfumes! I was asking my boyfriend for Bamboo for Christmas but he already spoiled me way too much and he surprised me for Valentines with it - I was not expecting it at all!:) It's really lovely for Spring/Summer.

    corrie | corriearnold.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww what a lovely surprise! It's a gorgeous fragrance, it's definitely perfect for spring and it's great for work too!
      💕 Lucy

      Delete