L'oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay Collection 💆🏼🛀🏼

These products are what I have been waiting for for as long as I can remember, they perfectly describe my hair type "Oily Roots and Dry Ends" so as you can imagine I was instantly excited when I saw the product advert online and couldn't wait to get my hands on these products! Launching earlier this year, L'oreal have created a innovative product range using a blend of 3 refined clays to 'deeply purify the scalp for 72 hours', hydrate dry ends for 'fluid, free flowing lengths' and to 'revitalise the hair with softness, shine and bounce'. I honestly think this is the most exciting product launch this year so far,  there really isn't anything else like it on the shelves!

I managed to snap up these beauties in Boots during their 3 for 2 haircare offer, which meant I got the 150ml Pre Shampoo Clay Masque, 400ml Extraordinary Clay Re-balancing Shampoo & 400ml Re-balancing Conditioner for £9.98, saving me £3.99! The Clay to Spray Dry Shampoo I managed to get in Superdrug on a 'better than half price' offer for £1.98 instead of £3.99!


I was so excited I tried the products that same day, starting with the Pre Shampoo Clay Masque. Surprisingly there's actually very little instructions on the Masque packaging so I turned to Google (naturally) to make sure I was applying it correctly. Some hair masques you apply on wet hair however this one you apply to dry hair directly onto the roots whilst massaging in, covering the whole scalp, leaving for up to 5 minutes. I found it very strange to apply, given the very thick and bouncy consistency, especially on dry hair but overall simple and quick to apply and surprisingly not a lot of product is needed to cover the scalp when you section the hair! The smell was a little strange for me personally, it's certainly a fresh almost mineral like scent but it kind of reminded me of washing powder! Rinsing out the masque is as easy as A, B ,C with the only instruction being massage scalp whilst rinsing until water runs clear and it does rinse out very easily without leaving the scalp feeling dried out or tight. Using the Pre Shampoo Masque definitely helps the shampoo to lather up easier, making a small amount go further! Both the shampoo and conditioner rinse out very easily, don't weigh the hair down or leave any residue behind.

The result on dry hair? Amazing! My hair has never looked so shiny, even making my highlights look more visible and brighter, roots very fresh and wonderfully clean and ends hydrated just the right amount. So yes the promise of 'fluid, free flowing lengths' and revitalised hair 'with softness, shine and bounce' is spot on however the promise of a purified scalp for 72 hours needs some editting! Something like "72 hours... with the help of a little dry shampoo 24 hours later and a hell of a lot 48 hours later!" I bet you're thinking hold on I thought they had a clay to spray dry shampoo? You're not mistaken, yes they do indeed but when I've used talc based dry shampoo's such as Batiste for a long time that instantly refresh oily roots this dry shampoo just didn't live up to expectations. It's an invisible finish so you can say goodbye to white powdery roots that scream 'I couldn't be bothered to wash my hair last night' however you can say hello to your oily roots because this dry shampoo just doesn't absorb excess oil or refresh roots at all. I'd waited till the day after I'd washed my hair to use this so it's not even that I'm extraordinarily greasy but it's got that 'It could use a wash tonight' kind of look, so after spraying lots of clay to spray onto my roots I resorted to my usual Batiste to save the day!

Overall I think this is probably the best Shampoo, Conditioner and Masque I've used that is predominately for oily roots simple because for 24 hours my hair is glowing, fresh, purified and isn't left feeling weighed down but I just wish the results for me would last longer than a day. I certainly wouldn't purchase the dry shampoo again but that could be down to the fact my hair is fine (so the roots would possibly be greasier) and might work better for someone with thicker hair especially with the invisible finish.

Have you used this range before? How did you find them?
Let me know in the comments below!

💕 Lucy 

No comments