Shadow, Shade & Sculpt - Makeup Revolution Ultra Contour Professional Pallete

When it comes to contouring I'm so behind on the times, even when I was in the beauty industry I simply didn't understand the concept on contouring or even know how to begin! Naturally I took to YouTube watching god knows how many videos of vloggers demonstrating how to use cream and powder contour kits from various brands including Anastasia Beverly Hills, Sleek and of course Makeup Revolution! This pallete was lovingly given to me by a friend as a leaving present and I was so excited to use this! 


I love to keep contouring as simple and quick as possible, especially as this pallete is all powder the contouring process for me is easier as I'm used to using powder products. The way I think about contouring is simple - highlight the features you love, contour the areas you want to sculpt or shadow! For me personally the areas I highlight are of course my cheekbones, brow bone and Cupid's bow* as these are the features that for me are the strongest. The areas I contour are under the cheekbones, forehead, sides of the nose*, under the chin* and jawline* as these are the areas I want to sculpt and narrow. I definitely contour differently when I'm doing an evening look I tend to use slightly more contour powder under my cheekbones to create more of a bold definition and the areas marked with a asterisk (*) are the particular areas I would only highlight/contour for an evening look. 




The packaging gives you a great sneak peek of the shades included and those are (from left to right per row) a satin light pink, a matte yellow, a peach/pink highlighter, a white/gold baked highlighter, a warm medium contour, a light ashy contour, a dark warm contour and a bronze baked highlighter. This pallete is designed for all skin types and tones so is wonderfully universal. 
Admittedly I haven't actually used the satin light pink shade as of yet I'm at a loss of where to actually use it! However I love using the matte yellow under my eyes as a setting powder for my concealer, this shade really helps disguise dark circles and prevents my concealer from creasing! I love the peach/pink and the White/gold baked highlighter, I use the peach shade for a subtle glow on my cheek and brow bones and use the white baked shade for a bolder almost strobe like glow. These two highlighters can also be used together, I find for a night out to create a gorgeous glow I apply the peach highlighter across my cheekbones and layer the white/gold baked highlighter on the very tops of my cheekbones - trust me it looks beautiful! 
Now comes to the contouring shades, all three are wonderfully pigmented and you don't need a lot of product at all to create definition. I first tried the light ash shade (bottom row, 2nd in) and found this perfect for my fair complexion and great for a daily makeup look! I opted to use the warm medium contour shade for a night out and even for my fair skin tone it created bold definition and really helped to chisel my cheekbones, this is definitely become my go to shade for special occasions! Lastly the dark warm contour shade and the bronze baked highlighter, these two shades are definitely too dark for my skin tone but would be more suitable and look fabulous on medium to dark skin tones!
Below is a daily contour look I have achieved using this pallete!



Palette swatches,
bottom to top is left to right of the palette
All in all this pallete showcases 8 beautiful pigmented shades suitable for all skin tones. I love how this pallete is super easy to use so it's completely suitable for beginners, enables you to create subtle and bold contour looks for both day and night and ultimately is super affordable at only £8.00! I'd highly recommend this Makeup Revolution Contour Palette, it's become a fond favourite of mine and I use it nearly everyday! Remember don't be scared of contouring, practise is the key! 

What are your thoughts on contouring? Do you have a favourite contouring product? 
Let me know in the comments below! 

💕 Lucy 







No comments