Just another Mani Monday... Spring Nails 💅🏻🌷💕

For me the most exciting thing about Spring, apart from the beautiful flowers and sunshine, is that pastel nails are in. Every year I always invest in new shades and new brands and this year I just couldn't wait given all the new nail products on the shelves! You'll have to forgive the state my nails are in in the pictures, I had just removed my acrylics (Yes I know, naughty me!)



Topshop £1.50 

This was certainly an impulse buy, I'd seen it at work and it was the last in the sale so I couldn't resist not getting it especially when it was a perfect spring shade! I was surprised actually with how bold the shade turned out but never the less it's spring and time for a change! It's great for creating a contrast against a white outfit or even for the toes when the sandals start coming out! My only downside (as I've never tried Topshop nails before) is they do take an awfully long time to dry so I would always have a can of rapid dry spare to speed up the process!


Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint in Pink Lemonade - £3.99

This caught my eye as it's such a stunning take on a nude with more a pale pink twist, I love a nude (who doesn't?!) and this shade is especially perfect for spring with the cool tones of pink it matches any outfit but still takes a stand on your nails! The polish applied quite thickly so the thinner the application the better, but the polish dried really quickly and left a high shine, gel like finish! The only thing I would add is unlike me I would use a top coat to seal the ends as they did chip after a few days, but I'm sure with the use of a good top coat they would last up to a week. One of my new favourite polish shades!


Rimmel London 60 Seconds Super Shine by Rita Ora in Wild-er-ness - £2.99

I've been wanting to try the new Rimmel London Rita Ora range for a while now so as I was planning this post I decided to trial one of her nail polishes as this wonderful lilac caught my eye! I'm a sucker for a lilac, well for anything pastel really, and this looked like a perfect spring cool lilac! The colour matches the bottle 100% and gives an opaque finish in 1 to 2 coats that does dry in minutes, however the title pretty much promises a super shine finish which I personally didn't get from this polish! However stick a glossy top coat on top to seal the colour your nails will be stunning for spring! In love with this lilac shade and the price too!



Seventeen Gel Colour in Mint Bon Bon - £3.99

If you've not already guessed it, this was an impulse buy! I got this Seventeen polish in Boots during a 'Buy one, Get on half price' offer they were running on Seventeen products at the time and I wasn't even on the look out for a new polish but when I saw this unusual pop of turquoise I had to try it! It's not a shade I would ever normally purchase or even wear but as I said before, I'm trying to put a spring into my beauty routine and change things up a bit. This shade has such a wow impact, with only one coat the shade is completely opaque, bold and will certainly make your nails stand out for spring! This is definitely a new favourite for me!



Barry M Gelly Hi Shine in Sugar Plum - £3.99

Another Barry M Gelly simply because I couldn't resist a Barry M offer Superdrug were having at the time and this shade again was something different to what I would wear but screams spring! Strangely enough this shade seemed different over the few days that I wore it, the first day it looked as it were below (a bright pink with a purple base) whereas on the third day it started to look more purple! It seemed really rather odd, perhaps it was the difference in lighting or that I again didn't apply top coat (I really need to invest!) This aside I loved the bright pinky/purple shade, it looks amazing both on fingers and toes and is just right for spring/summer! It didn't however give as much shine or a gel look as the Pink Lemonade, but this is a shade I would wear again!



Topshop Matte Nails - £1.50 RRP £6.00
As the previous Topshop Nails shade I purchased this on a whim at work as this too was in the sale and of course because it's lilac! I wasn't sure what the metallic matte finish would turn out like but it made my nails look a little more eye catching and makes a change from your typical glossy polish finish. It did however make painting my nails evenly (for a smooth finish) a lot harder, so anything uneven shows up like a sore thumb! The polish however dried really fast and overall is a fabulous spring shade with a matte twist that I would wear again!


What are your favourite go-to spring nail shades?
Let me know!

💕 Lucy

No comments