New Blossoming Beauties! -The Body Shop British Rose Collection 🌹🚿💖

I really believe I'm an old lady at heart, not just because I love early bed times but because one of my favourite scents is rose! Ok rose isn't really old lady-ish but to a lot of people it is, I don't understand why as it's such a wonderful fresh, floral scent that can be worn anytime and even layered underneath different floral scents! When The Body Shop launched their British Rose collection I couldn't resist, it started as me just going into Body Shop and having a nosy at the new products into me buying 3 products and feeling my bank balance judging me instantly! However I do not regret my purchase at all, I mean why would I? 

In total I walked away with the Shower Gel (250ml, £5.00), Instant Glow Body Butter (50ml, £6.00) and the Petal Soft Hand Cream (30ml, £4.00). I always love to try the smaller sized products, if available, first to see how my skin reacts, how my perfumes layer on top etc so that's why I opted for the smaller sizes!

I actually hadn't ever purchased a shower gel from The Body Shop before so I was a little apprehensive as a lot of other shower gels have dried out my skin, needed a lot of product for one shower or simply just don't lather! However this was totally not the case with this particular shower gel, I only needed a 10p sized amount for it to lather beautifully and be enough for one shower so this product is definitely worth the splurge for how long it's going to last! The scent is oh so amazing, it's brilliantly sweet unlike any rose fragrance I've smelt before! So you can wave goodbye to the old lady rose scents and hello to the captivating sweet, floral whirlwind that is The British Rose! Not forgetting to mention how super soft my skin feels after rinsing this gel off, this is probably due to this product being soap free making room for more hydrating ingredients!

I'm always a bit naughty when it comes to moisturising my skin on my body, I've always used body lotions or creams that have been too rich and heavy for my skin type and it's thoroughly put me off using them! However this Instant Glow Body Butter instantly sinks into the skin, leaving behind no greasy residue and no need for drying time! This body butter really does live up to it's Instant Glow title as my skin looked immediately brighter, healthier and smoother, this is the one product that my hidden away winter legs are going to love this spring/summer! Again leaves behind the subtle sweet scent of the British Rose, not being too overpowering but just right.

Last but of course not least, the Petal Soft Hand Cream! I've always had hand cream bought for me as little gifts but it's one of those things I hardly ever use, I neglect my hands but being skincare trained I should know better! I always suffer with very dry hands and rough cuticles during autumn/winter so unless I get back into using a hand cream every day I'll be suffering through spring/summer too! The scent of the hand cream is slightly stronger than the shower gel so the floral scent lasts for hours. The texture is just right for me, not too rich that it'll take 5 minutes before I can touch anything but it's perfectly light and nourishing enough to keep dry skin at bay. The product sinks into the skin quickly, lightly hydrates cuticles, leaves a beautiful rose scent and really does leave your hands petal soft! I really love the size options The Body Shop offers for the hand cream, you can opt for a larger size perfect for your dressing table or just like I've done choose to go for the smaller size which is ideal for your handbag or perhaps your desk at work so you'll never forget to keep your hands petal soft!

The British Rose collection is fast becoming a new favourite product range for me, I'll definitely be purchasing the full size versions of these products when these run out! I'd also really love to try the rest of the range, especially the eau de toilette spray. 



Have you tried any products from The British Rose collection? Which ones are your favourites?

💕 Lucy 

No comments